GOOD PLANETS mission is to create work that inspires positive change, and do it in ways that are as sustainable as possible.
Proud members of 1% for the Planet, donating 1% of our annual sales to environmental non-profits – we believe that our individual actions have a profound impact when combined with thousands of others across the world wanting to make a difference.
We all have a role to play in the fight against climate change and creating a positive future – and we more than offset our flights, using standards set out by The Gold Standard . We invest this money in reforestation and renewable energy projects, and align our choices with what’s important to each client. Where possible, we choose to fly with airlines like Norwegian, whose co2 emissions are 30% lower than the industry average.
We’re conscious of the choices we make during the shoot process, and the impact these can have. Here are some of the ways we approach this:
On shoots we:
- Aim for zero single use plastic, with crews always bringing their own reusable coffee cups and water bottles.
- Use catering suppliers that don’t use single use plastic, with locally sourced and vegan options preferred.
- Minimise food wastage, by donating any unopened leftover food to food banks, homeless shelters or City Harvest.
- Ensure our equipment suppliers don’t use any single use plastics for our shoot process.
- Minimise printing and waste – e.g. we don’t print call sheets, we use digital PPM books.
- Use Nordic countries or Google drive for Cloud Storage.
- Use renewable energy supplier Bulb in our editing location.
We also commit to delivering three shoots per year at heavily reduces rates to support campaigns and causes that matter to us.
The whole world has been deeply affected by Covid 19 – it goes without saying that we will be adopting best practice and following government guidelines to ensure a safe environment for our clients and teams on shoots in the future. Some of these practices can help create a more flexible and effective process for clients. For example, we encourage only the minimum number of essential team members attend shoots in person, and can live stream to clients teams in real time with a dedicated contact on the day to make sure everyone is fully involved, can provide agile feedback and see the process in action. All without having to travel.
We will work with each team to make sure is shoot is a great success and in way that is safe for everyone. Be that through social distancing, enhanced cleaning regimes, and minimal teams on location. And of course we are tracking government and health guidelines to be abreast of any changes that may impact how we work.
We’re not perfect, and we don’t know everything, but we are committed to constantly improving. If you have suggestions for how to do things even better, then we’re all ears and welcome those conversations.